Have you ever been so involved in your fantasies that you can almost feel the actual emotions?
I've been so involved in my reading since I received my Kindle as a Christmas present this past holiday. That is about 6 months ago, and I've downloaded and read over 140 books since then.
That's nearly a book a day. LOL! Well I don't watch too much television anymore which is a GOOD thing. ON the flip side of that...I've realized how lacking my own personal life has been. I've gotten SO into my books that I've cried and laughed out loud with the characters in these stories. Maybe I'm just putting myself into the stories and subconsciously think it's about me? Then again, maybe it's more than that.
I've been reading since I was 6 years old. I think I was 23 years old when I read my first Elizabeth Lowell book. Ohhhhh how I balled like a baby! I had to stop reading so I could dry my eyes. I felt the loss and heartbreak of the books hero Dominick for his lady love Meg. The way Dominick begged the villagers to help find her... That box of tissues was really needed. That....THAT my dear friends is what created my love of reading, and my quest to seek other writers who carry that ability to bring out my emotions from a tale of monumental love and finding that in each other.
I will be doing just that. I am working on my own story of love, loss, finding and healing. I can only hope and dream that one day I am as good as some of my favorite authors.
Until then my friends.....
No comments:
Post a Comment